Evaluation & Analysis

© Misty Dawn Seidel

When developing an Integrated Marketing Campaign, each step of the IMC requires research and thought.  Every choice or decision requires logical thinking.  What is the purpose of the campaign?  Which advertising messaging strategy would be most appropriate?  What promotional tools will be used, etc.  Just as each step of the campaign development requires careful thought and attention, so does analysis of the choices to see if they are working.  After all, what good is all that time and thought in developing a campaign if you don't follow up to see if it will actual produce desired results?

Since my focus is on online/social media advertising, my interest lies in online evaluation metrics, such as click-throughs.  The goal, for my personal company, is to build brand awareness.  Therefore, I am quite interested in Web chat.  MOBI (Mass Opinion Business Intelligence) software, created by WiseWindow, is software which analyzes opinions all over the internet, including blogs and social networking sites (Clow & Baack, 2014).  MOBI is especially useful in my scenario, because it can provide me with information about the audience's reaction to my campaign in real time.  This will tell me if my campaign goal is being accomplished and how the audience feels about my brand as a result of the IMC.  Since my IMC utilizes affective messaging, it is very important for me to know how my viewers feel about my ads and communications.

Another way to evaluate if your advertising message is successful is copytesting, which analyzes the responses to your advertisement as a whole, finished product.  Conducting copytesting online is more cost- and time-efficient than traditional copytesting performed for television and print (Clow & Blaack, 2014).  With online copytesting, the audience is giving the advertisement 100% of their attention, which helps answer critical questions about an ad's effectiveness.  Regardless of the method used, evaluating ads before they are used will not only help determine if the ad will help the brand accomplish its advertising goal, it can also save valuable time and expense that could be wasted on ineffective advertising.

Reference:
Clow, K., & Baack, D. (2014). Integrated advertising, promotion, and marketing communications. England: Pearson Education Limited.


Misty DawnS

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment